Manager, Software Engineering
The Endurance International Group is looking for an exceptional development manager to lead a team of talented software engineers in our Texas offices (Houston/Austin). Exceptional software development is a leading reason why the Endurance International Group is an industry leader in helping small businesses succeed online. Utilizing a strong aptitude for energizing and managing people, the successful candidate will have a take-charge personality who will be willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get the job done.
What you’ll do:
- Manage multiple software engineers potentially across different locations
- Oversee recruiting and developer professional development
- Help teams scope and create project plans around key business initiatives
- Instill developmental best practices for quality assurance and deployment
- Work closely with program management to ensure timelines are met to the satisfaction of key stakeholders
- Verify that systems and practices are compliant to internal and external specifications.
- Develop and administer appropriate development career paths and growth.
Who you are:
- High energy and proven track record leading successful software teams
- Experienced with managing teams in remote locations
- Practitioner of Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Hands on enough to contribute to technical conversations, decisions, strategies, and review code.
- Familiarity with a broad mix of technologies including but not limited to Perl, PHP, MySQL, AWS/Google Cloud, Linux, Java and a range of open source libraries.
- Experienced in quality practices, techniques, and tools at all layers of the stack.
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, performant systems preferred
- Experienced and confident enough to communicate to upper management clearly and effectively.
- Willingness to travel across multiple locations
- Over 3 yrs in a development role with at least 2 years managing teams.
Why you’ll love us:
- Grab me some GrubHub. Our people enjoy a $10.50 GrubHub credit on us, every Monday and Wednesday, and Fridays mean catered group lunch, if you need caffeine, we have Peet’s, Starbucks, and cold brew on tap.
- Brain breaks. Basketball, ping pong, pool, video games, pinball, arcade games, board games, and even old school puzzles help you connect with your colleagues in fun ways. If you really need to kick back and relax, take a swing in our hammocks.
- We like to party, ya’ll. Our Culture Club is responsible for keeping things loose - so we have quarterly outings, winter and summer team parties, and beer cart every Monday and Friday to start and end the week on the right note.
- We’ve even got your workout covered. Treadmills, free weights, and yoga mats make squeezing in a workout in our free, onsite gym easy.
- It’s Austin. Need we say more? With vibrant entertainment, incredible weather, and the country’s coolest art and culture scene, living and working in Austin is as great as everyone says it is.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.