Corporate Strategy Manager
At Endurance International Group (parent company of Constant Contact, BlueHost, SiteBuilder, Domain.com, and others) we help millions of small businesses get online, look professional and compete with the world by making the act of getting online simple. We are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced international team from all backgrounds. We are the reflection of our international customers displaying grit, passion and an enthusiasm to make a mark on the world.
The Corporate Strategy Manager will report to the VP, Corporate Strategy and work closely with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), including the CEO, CFO, and SVP, Strategy, Partnerships & Corporate Development to identify and execute growth opportunities for the company. The work includes the full range of corporate strategy, M&A, partnerships activities.
The Corporate Strategy Manager position helps to drive our strategy, planning, and execution by supporting several focus areas:
- Development and coordination of the enterprise strategic planning process, including business case development for future strategic priorities requiring research, analysis, problem solving and synthesis.
- Development of materials to support SLT and Board of Directors strategy discussion and decisions. (customer trends, competitive analysis, industry forecasts, macro-environment reviews)
- Market analysis to support activities within the corporate development and partnerships teams
- Development of the Enterprise Risk Assessment requiring assessment of external global trends to identify strategy and operational risks and enterprise strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. This analysis informs the refinement of the enterprise priorities leading into the long range financial planning process.
Exact position projects and job responsibilities will vary depending on timing and experience. Example responsibilities as follows:
- Frame and manage complex analysis to drive business case development for key strategic focus areas (e.g., ecosystem analysis, customer lifetime value, category and segment prioritization, sustainability approach and anticipated competitive response)
- Develop strategic factbase and market intelligence benchmarking to highlight consumer and competitor trends, and disruptive/ emerging technologies, business practices, and macro issues with the potential to our enterprise-wide priorities
- Work collaboratively with business unit partners and corporate support teams to drive enterprise strategy execution and develop content for senior leadership updates
- Shape and support crafting the messaging of executive leadership content for high profile external meetings (e.g., Board of Directors, Annual Shareholder Meeting, investment community meetings)
- M.B.A. required with strong academic performance.
- 2-3 years of strategy consulting experience from a leading strategy consulting firm (BCG, Bain, McKinsey or a boutique corporate strategy advisory); will also consider candidates with equivalent investment banking or Strategy and Strategic Project Management experience in public and private companies.
- Experience in new market entry, growth initiatives
- Prior experience in the technology sector or demonstrated interest
- Proven quantitative skills, along with demonstrated problem-solving /decision-making skills
- Communication and presentation skills to effectively deliver complex, data-driven insights to senior business leaders.
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and independent work
- Top tier management consulting firm experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree in business management or related field. MBA from top business school preferred.
- Previous experience with SMB market, web presence, digital marketing preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and knows how to build collaborative relationship and to foster trust by insight, credibility and executive presence.
- Self-starter with ability to work both independently and with cross-functional teams.
- Quick learner and has experience handling multiple challenging priorities and driving different types of projects to timely completion.
- Highly experienced at structuring ambiguous problems, leading analytical work streams, applying sound business discernment.
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.