Endurance International Group is the parent company behind some of the world’s top names in online marketing tools for small business, including Constant Contact, BlueHost, SiteBuilder, HostGator, Domain.com, and others. We help millions of small businesses get online, look professional and compete with the world by making the act of getting online simple. We are an entrepreneurial, fast-paced international team from all backgrounds. We are the reflection of our international customers displaying grit, passion and an enthusiasm to make a mark on the world.
Endurance is a fast paced environment that is constantly evolving. We are implementing new systems, integrating acquired businesses and constantly looking for ways to improve our back office operations. The Staff Accountant will play a key role in tracking and monitoring revenue for multiple brands in the Endurance portfolio. This role will participate significantly in the month end close process and work with internal and external auditors on SOX and external audit requests.
- Manage key revenue and billing function areas of the divisional monthly financial close process to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Maintain and recognize deferred revenue and reconcile related balances with accounts receivable schedules in accordance with GAAP.
- Monitor daily billing reconciliations and revenue entries.
- Deliver internal reporting and coordinate the review of key financial trends for presentation and discussion with management.
- Point of contact for external auditors as it relates to billings, revenue and merchant payment processing questions.
- Perform and document transactional revenue testing to ensure proper revenue recognition and system configurations.
- Manage divisional VAT tax compliance and reporting processes.
- Assist with the establishment, documentation and continuous improvement of financial processes, workflows and forms.
- Ensure revenue accounting policies and procedures are being consistently followed and adhered to.
- Ad-hoc and special projects as required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2 to 3 years of corporate accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills are required
- The ability to manage and analyze large amounts of data using Excel or other similar tools
- Past roles in accounting that contributed significantly to the month end close process
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, particularly revenue recognition
- Experience in a technology company, particularly with subscription or SaaS business, a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains a plus, but not required
- Experience using Great Plains ACL Data Analytics tools a plus, but not required
- Public accounting experience a plus, but not required
- CPA a plus, but not required
- Enthusiastic individual driven to continuously strive for excellence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal in a team environment
- Highest standards of accuracy, organization and precision
- Unquestionable integrity and personal ethics
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to problem solve and work independently with a minimum level of supervision
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and work to deadlines
We offer an opportunity to work with great people in an innovative environment doing great things. You can expect a salary commensurate with your capabilities, a generous benefits package, and attractive corporate perks that will make you the envy of the neighborhood. If you feel your skills match then please reach out to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.