The Data Center Technician's key responsibility is setting up and maintaining Data Center infrastructure and working on remote deployments and cancellations. Job duties include unpacking and racking machines, building cable racks, running and terminating cables. This position will also be responsible for deploying and processing cancellations for individual servers. On-call 24/7/365 duties will be shared with other individuals.
The Data Center Services Technician will perform data center related cable and equipment installations as well as contribute to facilitating equipment moves / adds / changes within multiple EIG raised-floor data center facilities. The position also supports data center infrastructure, environmental monitoring and administration, documentation, audit compliance, crisis management, asset management, and metric reporting as directed.
The successful candidate must possess a detailed knowledge of system and cable infrastructure plus various aspects of data center design and maintenance. Organizational skills, procurement, asset tracking and participate in stand-ups with perfect attendance is also a must. Must be a self-starter and have excellent communication skills. Also, must be willing to consistently monitor work order output, generating quality metrics reporting, and making recommendations on process improvements.
- Prior experience in a datacenter or similar telco/noc environment, including best practices in racking, cabling, air containment, and general maintenance
- Extensive experience in computer hardware troubleshooting, component functionality, compatibility and assembly. Knowledge of test suites, benchmark software, etc...
- Extensive experience in deploying RAID arrays with all common RAID levels, 0, 1, 5, 6, 10.
- Perform server and network troubleshooting as directed.
- Work autonomously to resolve hardware, software, and service issues
- Maintain documentation of all technology
- Keep data centers and shared spaces clean and organized
- Maintain and manage hardware inventory for the office and data centers
- Must be willing to be on-call as needed.
- Must be willing to work off-hours for scheduled changes or break-fix emergencies.
- May be asked to work during inclement weather conditions
- Data Center equipment and cable installation, detailed knowledge of cable types and options
- Experience with NEMA plug types and voltage requirements.
- Experience using ticketing tools and processes (Change, Incident, Request) Familiarity with data center power infrastructure including PDU configuration, A+B power, three phase power, as well as load balancing and de-rating standards for circuits.
- Maintaining core datacenter infrastructure including patching of firmware, configuration changes, and general maintenance.
- Tracking inventory as it's delivered and used in production.
- Following and implementing best practices for cabling, racking, power and general operations.
- Documenting everything from best practices to hardware deployments.
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.