Endurance is seeking a highly motivated Principal SDET for our Houston, TX office. The Principal SDET plays a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle by applying their technical skills and experiences to improve Endurance software quality and testing methods.
This individual will work cross-functionally within the company’s organization and groups which include security, operations, and development teams. As a Principal Engineer, this individual will contribute to the success of our engineering teams through leadership and mentoring.
You will mentor more junior quality engineers in test planning, test case creation and testing methodologies. Your experience in automation is also very welcome and encouraged.
• Write clear test plans to ensure sufficient test coverage of features
• Determine appropriate test strategies for features (e.g., manual, automated or a combination) during sprint planning
• Mentor other quality engineers to improve testing strategies
• Write clean, well-formed, and maintainable software automation scripts following the accepted coding standards and using best software development practices
• Architect, design, develop, maintain, and enhance high quality software automation suites and frameworks
• Identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve issues with the automation frameworks and automation scripts and related systems on an expert level
• Identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve defects discovered by the software automation runs and related systems on an expert level
• Lead the test planning and architecture discovery process to meet desired business outcomes
• Be able to write test automation for API layers, web front ends and performance testing for load and scalability
• Identify feasibility and scope in work assignments on an expert level
• Collaborate with the leadership team to introduce new test technologies and approaches to meet automated continuous integration and deployment objectives
• May supervise the activities of others
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in software testing and software Quality Assurance (QA), and experience with manual, API, positive and negative, performance, regression, functional and non-functional testing
• 3+ years of demonstrated automated testing
• 2+ years in an Agile Scrum environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 9+ years of experience in software testing and software Quality Assurance (QA), and experience with manual, API, positive and negative, performance, regression, functional and non-functional testing
• 7+ years of experience with both white and black box testing
• 5+ years of demonstrated working experience in Agile QA processes and projects
• 5+ years of experience using testing tools like JIRA, Selenium, Bamboo, Jenkins and Cucumber/Gherkin
• 1+ years of experience in interfacing with offshore QA engineers
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.