The Software Architect plays a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle by applying their technical skills and experiences to improve Endurance software design and development methods. This individual will work cross-functionally with the company organization and groups which include security, operations, and other development teams. As an Advisory Engineer, this individual will contribute to the success of our engineering teams through collaboration and mentoring.
What you’ll do:
- Mentor engineering teams in developing testable, maintainable code through the use of design patterns.
- Architect, design, develop, maintain, and enhance extremely high-quality software products.
- Resolve problems of any scope and provide assistance to other team members on a consistent basis.
- Identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve defects in software and related systems on a senior level.
- Direct the project discovery process to meet desired business outcomes.
- Understand and properly use current major programming paradigms (and associated styles) to meet desired business outcomes.
- Lead the way with impactful feedback to peers during code reviews and improvements to the code review process.
- Identify ways to optimize our software products to provide for the needs of our enterprise scale business.
- Identify feasibility and scope in work assignments on a senior level.
- Create enterprise-class architectural proposals and contribute to a peer-review based process to evaluate how well they meet business needs and outcomes
Who you are:
- 7+ years of experience in Java
- 3+ years of experience in Perl
- 3+ years of experience in React/Redux
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps environment
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 1+ years of experience with OpenShift.
- 1+ years of experience in creating OpenShift operators
Why you’ll love us:
- We break for fitness. The onsite gym makes it easy to sneak in a quick workout.
- Grab me some GrubHub. Our employees enjoy a $10.50 GrubHub allowance two days each week, and with catering on two other days, and weekly beer cart, you may find yourself needing our onsite gym!
- Gamers welcome. X-box, Playstation, and Nintendo 64 help our teams decompress, but if you’re not into video games, you can enjoy pool, air hockey, ping pong, and even good old-fashioned board games.
- We love to help you have fun. Our Culture Committee is dedicated to just one thing: making sure you have fun at work. Beer carts, regular offsite and in-house events, and holiday and summer parties mean no matter what the calendar says, there's something great in the works.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.