Critical Facility Technician
The Critical Facility Technician is responsible for planning, implementation, maintenance and overall support of data center facility systems including electrical, mechanical, controls, and general building maintenance. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in datacenter environments and ancillary equipment including; Working with procedures, using a CMMS solution, completing work orders, emergency alarm response, vendor management and soliciting proposals for outside work.
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems typically used in critical environments.
- Experience in general building repair not limited to, drywall repair, painting, and plumbing.
- Strong knowledge of procedure creation and implementation.
- Knowledge of CMMS programs including work orders.
- Ability to work with and manage outside vendors and contractors.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Provide electrical/mechanical support on cross-functional projects.
- Must be able to use apple products and google suite for office solutions.
- Minimum 2+ years experience in mission critical facility.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills.
- Excellent documentation, communication, organizational skills and a strong sense of urgency.
- On-call availability for emergencies impacting data center operations.
- Willingness to work flexible work hours.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E, NEC a plus.
- A mechanical, electrical, plumbing or controls license a plus.
- Able to lift up to 75 pounds over your head.
- The ability to stand, but not limited to, up to 8 hours a day on your feet.
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.