Principal Systems Engineer
Endurance International Group Holdings, Inc. helps millions of small businesses worldwide with products and technology to enhance their online web presence, email marketing, business solutions, and more. The Endurance family of brands includes: Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com and SiteBuilder, among others. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs over 3,500 people across the United States, Brazil, India and the Netherlands
The Principal System Engineer serves a technical leadership role and is expected to mentor other team members, make technical decisions around the platform, lead short & long-term projects, and support the technical advancement of Endurance International Group as a whole.
The Virtualization team is responsible for furthering Endurances virtualization products. The team orchestrates these products primarily through OpenStack orchestration software and is looking to leverage container orchestration platforms as we move forward in the industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux Operating System.
- Experience with RedHat/CentOS technologies (including RPM building/management)
- Networking experience including packet decoding, layer 2 switching basics, and an understanding of the OSI model
- Scripting experience in Bash and Perl (php, ruby, python scripting a plus)
- Troubleshooting hardware (Servers, Consoles, Switches, Routers, etc.)
- Experience with Puppet configuration management.
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation alongside other team members
- Ability to communicate effectively, train/mentor peers, and interact professionally with a diverse group of internal and external clients
- Ability to produce quick fixes, as well as formulate long term solutions to problems
- Experience in rolling out new systems, maintaining, upgrading, replacing and improving long-term performance of all types of systems
- Experience operating at scale, maintaining thousands of systems.
- Ability to train others on technical and procedural topics
- Deep understanding of best practices for server level management and security
- Strong technical skills & experience in web hosting environment
- Ability to learn new technologies and grasp new technical concepts quickly, enabling you to understand issues and drive solutions
- Investigates, Evaluates, & Introduces new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to train and mentor others on technical and procedural topics
- OpenStack (Large scale deployments a plus)
- Docker or LXC/LXD (Production deployments)
- Storage technologies such as CEPH, NetAPP, ISCSI
- Virtualization (KVM)
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.