Software Engineer Intern - Summer
At Endurance International Group we have an exciting internship program in Software Engineering designed to help committed students in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Web Development, and other software and technology related fields to experience software engineering in the real world.
Endurance International Group is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineering Intern for our Provo, UT office. The Software Engineering Intern plays a key role in each phase of the software development lifecycle by applying their technical skills and experiences to improve software design and development methods. As an intern, this individual will contribute to the success of our engineering team as well as receive training and mentoring.
We take internships seriously. Our software engineering interns do real software engineering work. Your assigned work and tasks will be part of the software engineering process.
Software engineering interns will be fully involved in all software engineering activities as full team members. Interns will learn accepted coding standards and how to write clean, well-formed, testable, and maintainable software with assistance and mentorship. They will collaborate in the development and maintenance of software as a member of a software engineering team. They will participate in the project discovery process, and will collaborate with their team to plan the delivery of software products. They will participate in code reviews, and apply concepts discovered in this process. They will collaborate with others to identify ways to optimize software and identify good methods of judgment for software algorithms and technologies.
Interns will be expected to be a contributing member of the team to which they are assigned. They will need to demonstrate an aptitude for solving problems and know how and when to engage assistance to do so. They will also need to have the ability to troubleshoot and identify software defects.
Our internship program also provides multiple levels of support. Each intern will be assigned a mentor who is a designated resource for an employee for their experience as an employee. A mentor will partner with the employee to speed up the career growth process and may also help them become more integrated into the organization and its culture. A few of the benefits you can expect from your mentor are as follows:
- A point of contact for general queries regarding day-to-day operational issues such as location of facilities, relevant company policies, etc.
- Someone to help you feel comfortable in the workplace and introduce you to other employees
- Someone to help you understand the desired and acceptable behaviors in the workplace
- A point of contact when you aren't sure who to ask for help
- Someone who is interested in helping you in your career growth.
- Each intern will also have a direct manager. These direct managers will be focused on your career growth and achievement. You will meet with your manager on a weekly basis to help you follow up on your career goals and get new assignments to achieve your goals.
- Write clean, well-formed, testable, and maintainable software following the accepted coding standards.
- Collaborate on, develop, and maintain high quality software products.
- Resolve problems of moderate scope and engage assistance from more experienced team members where appropriate.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and debug defects in software and related systems on a basic level.
- Participate in the project discovery process.
- Use a basic understanding of object-oriented methodologies to improve software.
- Participate in code reviews, and apply concepts discovered in this process.
- Identify ways our software products may be failing to meet the needs of our enterprise scale business.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Build productive working relationships with other developers.
- Currently working towards a BA/BS degree.
- Experience developing websites and applications.
- Experience with client-side scripting frameworks
- Experience with Git and other development tools.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Command line experience
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understanding of client-side scripting frameworks
- Experience with Agile Scrum SDLC
- Excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills.
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.