Director of Software Engineering
Endurance is seeking a highly motivated Director of Software Engineering for our Provo or Salt Lake City office. The Director of Software Engineering is an experienced leader and application developer who plays a key role in the overall product delivery organization, partnering cross-functionally to deliver results. Utilizing a strong aptitude for energizing and managing multiple development teams, a successful candidate will have a take-charge personality who will be willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get the job done.
What You Will Do:
- Build leaders and leadership teams who are focused on continually improving the talent across all software engineers.
- Use your strong understanding of Scrum to challenge teams to deliver high quality products at a maximum sustainable pace.
- Apply your strong technical background along with the team’s institutional knowledge to architect and design software solutions that match the Bluehost vision and strategy.
- Remove impediments across all teams by providing guidance and making key technical decisions.
- Level up the quality of software delivered through improving and implementing software engineering best practices.
- Communicate clearly with business stakeholders and technologists across the company.
- Partner with sr. leadership members and provide technical guidance to support the product roadmap for one of the company’s most exciting products (Bluehost)
- Further improve our delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun, hardworking workplace environment.
- Work closely with product managers and scrum masters to ensure timelines are met to the satisfaction of key stakeholders.
- Represent the Bluehost technology stack and participate in architectural strategy discussions at an enterprise level.
- Collaborate with other Engineering leaders across all Endurance offices.
- Take direct responsibility for maintaining all necessary compliance and audit standards.
- High energy and proven track record leading successful software teams
- Organizational leader experienced in creating technological and organizational strategy
- Scrum and agile enthusiast with a realistic understanding of how to customize processes to optimize quality and delivery of software to stakeholders
- Hands on enough to contribute to technical conversations, decisions, strategies, and review code
- Experienced in quality practices, techniques, and tools at all layers of the stack.
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, performance systems preferred.
- Over 10 years in a development role with at least 5 years managing teams
Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI) helps millions of small businesses realize their dreams. We equip small businesses worldwide with products and technology to power their online web presence, email marketing, mobile business solutions, and more.
Endurance’s best in class family of brands includes Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com, BigRock, SiteBuilder, and Impress.ly, among others.
Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 3,800 people across the United States, Holland, Brazil, India, and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit endurance.com.
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.