Director of Software Engineering
As one of the leading cloud-based online solutions providers, Endurance International is seeking an individual for our Director of Software Engineering role. This Director is an experienced leader with a development background to engage in a key role transforming our team to handle our goals of overall growth and expansion of our Engineering organization. As our team embraces a service architecture, AWS-based public cloud offering, this candidate will exhibit the confidence, collaborative personality, and courage to help drive real organizational change across multiple development teams, balancing challenges of moving to a new architecture and technology and platform against the business needs of the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Be part of the Leadership Team that will drive architecture, process, and technology change throughout the Engineering Organization through transformational leadership
- Build leaders and leadership teams who are focused on continually improving the talent and capabilities of your software engineers
- Partner with Sr. leadership members and provide technical guidance and deliver software solutions to support the product roadmap for one of the company’s most exciting products (Bluehost)
- Inspire your teams to “Execute and Win”, where winning is delivering real value to our customers and solving their business needs
- Use your strong Agile and Lean understanding to challenge teams to deliver high quality products. Help those teams eliminate toil and automate solutions in order to become more efficient and self-sustaining
- Remove impediments across all teams by providing guidance and making key technical decisions, clearly communicating tradeoff's to business stakeholders
- Works with Solution Architects and Sr. Engineers to develop and maintain “Best Practices” policies and procedures for application technical implementation
- Establish monitoring and appropriate metrics for sustaining a highly available software platform
Who you are:
- 7+ years in a professional software development management role (2+ years in a Director management role or higher)
- High energy and proven track record leading successful software teams through transformational change
- Passionate and commitment to software excellence, and a practical sense of how to get it done
- Strong leadership skills with a track record of driving towards outcome driven decisions
- Expert knowledge of programming languages, web technologies, cloud and on-premise web architecture best practices
- Technology and experience background in service architecture, containers, and full CI/CD pipeline
- Technology experience on public cloud platforms, with AWS preferred
- Scrum and agile enthusiast with a realistic understanding of how to customize processes to optimize quality and delivery of software to stakeholders
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, performance systems preferred
Why you’ll love us:
- Food is never an issue. Breakfast, lunch, and endless caffeine are covered, and on Thirsty Thursdays, enjoy adult beverages.
- We’re in the midst of it all. Downtown SLC, where we’re located, boasts fine art and history museums, a zoo, botanical gardens, and hiking and biking trails. Plus we’re only a few hours away from incredible skiing and some of the nation’s most breathtaking national parks.
- Join the experts. If you’re passionate about technology and equally passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent!
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision with a generous company contribution - we’re there for you!
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.