Principal Software Engineer
Endurance is growing rapidly and have exciting and aggressive product goals on the roadmap, We're building out several new Scrum teams to help us with these deliverables and seeking highly motivated Principal Software Engineers for our Salt Lake City and Provo, UT offices.
The Principal Software Engineer is a senior Full Stack application developer who plays a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle. Besides development, this individual will work cross functionally with the company’s infrastructure, security, operations, and other development teams. This individual will be responsible for applying their technical skills and experiences to improve Endurance design and development methods and mentor engineering teams.
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will:
LEAD DESIGN ASSURANCE ENGAGEMENT. Serve as the primary design assurance point of contact for assigned engineering projects. Develop project-specific quality plans for new product developments as required. Collaborate with other Subject Matter Experts on your team to ensure appropriate technical engagement with projects.
ASSESS ENGINEERING EFFECTIVENESS. Ensure engineering efforts are performed effectively and efficiently, meeting customer, company, and applicable regulatory requirements and quality expectations. Contribute to design reviews, test readiness reviews, and other project reviews and team meetings.
MENTOR TEAMS. Mentor engineering teams as needed throughout the development lifecycle in the areas of process, tools, design quality, and regulatory requirements to ensure robust and problem-free deliveries.
EVALUATE PROJECTS. Perform proactive, ongoing assessments to determine the health of projects using objective measurements and audits. Employ methods such as root cause analysis as appropriate. Recommend corrective actions.
FACILITATE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT. Lead the efforts of cross-functional teams to ensure that quality issues seen in legacy products are avoided in new designs. Assist with engineering project planning activities, ensuring plans account for lessons learned across the enterprise.
- Write clean, well-formed, well-tested, and maintainable software following the accepted coding standards and using best software development practices.
- Architect, design, develop, maintain, and enhance extremely high quality software products.
- Resolve problems of any scope and provide assistance to other team members on a consistent basis.
- Identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve defects in software and related systems on an expert level.
- Direct the project discovery process to meet desired business outcomes.
- Lead the way with impactful feedback to peers during code reviews and improvements to the code review process.
- Identify ways to optimize our software products to provide for the needs of our enterprise scale business.
- Mentor other developers and improve the overall software product quality and team through effective mentorship.
- Demonstrate impeccable judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders, and demand generators regarding technical details, requirements, goals, roadmaps, risks, and deliverables.
- May supervise the activities of others.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4 years of experience developing websites and applications
- Experience with SQL relational databases
- Strong level of comfort with the command line, Git and development tools
- Minimum 8 years experience
- Over 10 years of experience in software and system development
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of several SQL relational database varieties
- Fluency in server side scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Node or Ruby
- Excellent communication, project management, and organizational skills
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.