Senior Product Designer
Bluehost is undergoing a transformation – outwardly and within. Our core mission remains unchanged - empowering the ability of the Internet to change lives for the better. We’re now building upon our two decades of internet expertise and our WordPress roots to help people to succeed online in ways far beyond web hosting. Within we’re transforming how our teams work to learn, build, and ship the work that will be most impactful for our customers and industry.
To help meet these goals and challenges we’re currently looking for a full-time Senior Product Designer to work on-site with a cross-functional team.
What You Can Expect from Us...
We take our mission to heart, and our goals are ambitious. To meet these we work to-
Deliver truly-effective solutions for customers, working as teams
- Understand — Working with team, customers, and stakeholders to explore and identify the problem space, including its constraints, opportunities, and contexts. Clearly defining and communicating the problems to be solved and desired outcomes to reach.
- Co-create & Facilitate — Facilitating design thinking and co-creation from team and stakeholders. Facilitating product vision and discovery by researching, conceiving, wireframing, and prototyping user experiences.}
- Implement — Translating and refining ideas, feedback, and complex product requirements into effective product solutions. Designing user flows and product interfaces that are simple, effective, and delightful.
- Measure — Helping to identify why specific work is being created, what will indicate its success, and measuring its outcomes. Subjecting solutions to early and consistent review and testing. Taking a data-informed approach to your product design decisions.
Provide design leadership
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll provide leadership directly and indirectly. Directly, through the mentorship of other designers and leading initiatives. Indirectly, in helping your team and the larger design org navigate and mature processes for creating their most effective work.
Continually increase our ability as an org to produce great work
As a part of the Bluehost Design Group, you’ll help continually improve both Bluehost’s design practice and the larger product organization so we’re able to work on the hardest and smartest problems possible. You’ll also continually push your growth and the growth of your peers through providing and encouraging active feedback.
Product Designers are full partners within the product organization, playing a strategic and tactical role with Product Management and Engineering to shape product strategy and ensure the delivery of value to customers. We place a high value on learning (of our customers, our coworkers, and our selves), growth, quality, and pushing for what’s right. As a whole, we thrive on active collaboration, honest feedback, and a love for what’s possible with design, technology, and the web.
What We’ll Expect from You...
We want to be our strongest working together. To do this we’re looking for folks who can demonstrate-
- Fantastic communication – Your ability to think and communicate clearly is the root of all else: understanding people, working effectively in teams, and being able to create impactful work.
- Curiosity and empathy – You proactively seek to uncover and understand your customers - both external and internal. You have experience of discovering, defining, and validating customer needs. (Product Discovery expertise is a plus.)
- Healthy design collaboration – Creativity in digital products is a 100% team sport. Your expertise isn’t a black box where solutions pop out. You help pull the best from those around you and are eager and open to ideas and learnings from others.
- Real-world product design experience – You have a healthy command of the Product Design discipline, from discovery to execution to validation to measurement and have applied your craft for 5+ years as a paid professional. (Experience with SaaS or WordPress products is a plus.)
- Effective work management – You can successfully manage multiple initiatives and act quickly as ideas, feedback, and needs evolve. Your ability to set expectations and deliver on them.
- Software development literacy – You’ve created digital products with teams, and have experience working in Agile Scrum. (Dual Track Agile and front-end coding experience are a plus).
- Data literacy – You’re comfortable with analytic tools, knowing how to obtain and use customer data to inform your ideas and decisions, and measure your work once in customers’ hands.
- Design leadership experience – You have experience leading and mentoring individuals or groups, directly or indirectly.
Sound Like the Right Fit?
If you think we’d make for a good match, we’d love to have a chance to meet to get to know one another better. If the stars align we’d love to invest strongly in you, as you invest in us. Thanks!
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.