Senior UX Researcher - Bluehost
At Endurance, and Bluehost specifically, User Experience is a core part of the organization, valued for its strategic direction, creative solutions, and consistent customer-first mentality. Comprised of a world-class team of Designers, Copy Writers, and Researchers, we’re a tight-knit group of creatives who help people to succeed online in ways far beyond web hosting. In addition to meaningful work, we also offer awesome snacks, video games for your down-time, and a downtown location with great transportation options close to all the amazing local food joints.
We’re currently looking for a full-time Senior UX Researcher to work on-site with our cross-functional team. UX Researchers are members of the larger User Experience team and work closely with designers, product managers, copywriters, and other research organizations within the company. This individual would be responsible for driving organization-wide initiatives by executing studies and collecting data in accordance with our team strategies. They must have leadership skills to identify strategic research that will have the greatest impact on the product, and allow the effective delivery of cross-functional research activities that enhance the end-to-end experience for our users. This can include meeting research goals by launching usability studies, card sorts, field studies, benchmark tests, and cognitive walkthroughs, as well as creating heuristic reviews, surveys, and other key deliverables.
Other day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Meet with stakeholders to gain a clear understanding of a project’s goals and objectives
- Suggest research that would provide value to teams in making their critical decisions
- Select appropriate research methods to meet project team goals
- Create project plans, participant screeners, moderator guides, study plans, and other deliverables necessary to design and conduct studies
- Successfully launch a range of studies using appropriate observation, note-taking, and analysis along the way
- Analyzing and Reporting
- Skillfully analyze the data from your studies, triangulating data from various sources when necessary
- Create comprehensive reports of findings and share them with stakeholders and other members of the UX team
- Work alongside your UX peers to develop recommendations and strategies for improvement based on study results
- Update UX knowledge tools with your findings
- Play an active role in educating and supporting fellow researchers by sharing best practices and building an internal body of knowledge
- Represent and promote UX research to the rest of the organization
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the consumer User Experience or user research field where user research is a core activity.
- Master’s degree in Human Factors, Experimental/Cognitive Psychology, HCI, or related field and/or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years of industry experience including:
- First-hand experience using a variety of both qualitative and quantitative user research methods including, but not limited to surveys, focus groups, card sorting, contextual inquiry, usability studies, co-discovery
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and persuasive skills
- Solid organizational and presentation skills, including experience documenting findings and presenting them to diverse audiences
- Strong background in statistical analysis and relevant tools
- Excellent multitasking abilities
- Familiarity with testing tools such as UserTesting.com, Qualtrics, and Optimal Workshop
- Experience with Google analytics, and browser-based applications or SaaS is a plus
- Familiarity with UI/UX design, prototyping tools, and relevant design technologies is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment a plus
What we offer
- The support and knowledge of an experienced UX research team, along with daily collaboration with a motivated, creative, and fun-loving UX team
- Access to an incredible participant recruiter for studies, as well as top-of-the-line research tools, including Usertesting.com, Qualtrics, and OptimalSort
- The opportunity to work on a wide range of projects and use diverse research methods
- An open, flexible workplace
- Fully stocked kitchen, convertible standing desks, video games —all the important things you need to get through the day
Bluehost, an Endurance International Group company, is a trusted partner for WordPress users. Founded in 2003, Bluehost enables novices and experts alike to create and maintain a web presence with reliable web hosting, eCommerce tools, marketing applications, automated security, and WordPress tools. Its one-stop dashboard makes its easy for users to manage most aspects of their website from metrics to site security. Built on open source technology, Bluehost continues to support and participate in countless open source projects to help push the internet to its full potential. For more information, visit www.bluehost.com.
Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI) helps millions of small businesses realize their dreams. We equip small businesses worldwide with products and technology to power their online web presence, email marketing, mobile business solutions, and more. Endurance’s best in class family of brands includes Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Domain.com, BigRock, and SiteBuilder, among others. Headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, Endurance employs more than 3,800 people across the United States, Brazil, India, and the United Kingdom.
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.