Sr Manager Instructional Design
Looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact in a high growth technology company? Do you have a passion for creating impactful training and learning experiences which inspire and enable new levels of performance? At Endurance International Group (NASDAQ: EIGI), we provide a cutting-edge technology platform that allows small businesses across the globe to get online and thrive in the digital marketplace. We are looking for a seasoned organizational learning instructional design professional who is also an experienced people manager who thrives in fast-paced and action-oriented contact center environments. The right leader for our enterprise’s web hosting instructional design team will embrace the opportunity to further develop this critical team and operational function while improving upon the tools and processes already in place.
The Senior Manager of Instructional Design will report to the Director, Learning & Development and will lead a team of experienced instructional designers who develop end-to-end learning curriculum, instructor-led workshops and engaging eLearning modules which support our agents and technical products and programs. The Design team leader will work in close partnership with hosting operational leaders and will collaborate with the training/learning community and subject matter experts to deliver seamless, impactful, just-in-time onboarding and ongoing professional development to enhance the performance of our agents, shaping the customer experience.
Endurance operates across the USA, Europe, India, and the Philippines and our teams support our leading brands such as Constant Contact, Bluehost, Domain.com, HostGator and Sitebuilder.
- Lead, coach, manage and develop a team of experienced on-site and remote instructional designers and knowledge management specialists.
- Assess the current approach and establish a high impact, scalable global design strategy and team for the web hosting function
- Employ instructional design models (e.g.SAM and Agile ) as appropriate to produce a systematic approach to managing course updates and development cycles
- Collaborate effectively with L&D team members to identify skill gaps and design engaging course materials and job aids.
- Perform regular review and analyze client, industry, and SME feedback in order to deliver constant improvement in the quality of courseware and the learner’s experience
- Create and manage timelines for new training development projects and ensures strict adherence to change & quality control policies
- Analyze courseware feedback metrics to ensure quality benchmarks are met and implement corrective action as necessary
- Work with business partners, subject matter experts, and course facilitators to create scalable and repeatable solutions
- Align knowledge base structure and strategy with operational goals and metrics
- Review the structure of the knowledge base on a regular basis, to ensure that it reflects the needs of the business
- Ensure legal and operational compliance of knowledge base information
- Monitor and analyze customer use of the knowledge base and drive continual improvement
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required; advanced degree in Education, Adult Learning or Organizational Behavior highly desirable
- A minimum of 5 years of people management and team leadership experience (virtual team management experience an asset)
- A minimum of 5 years of instructional design experience and corporate learning experience preferred
- Varied curriculum design and team leadership experience for software or other technology, call center environments, customer service and sales at a scale of 2,500+ global contact center employees.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in technical curriculum development and technical writing experience
- 5 years of proven project management experience to include project estimation and project scoping
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing and reporting on training metrics that are tightly interwoven into business and financial metrics
- Strong time management/prioritization skills
- Experience with eLearning design using multiple authoring tools, Articulate and Storyline preferred
- Experience preferred working with and managing content in an LMS (Cornerstone preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of instructional design, learning methodologies, evaluation, and adult learning principles
- Proven ability to effectively consult and work collaboratively with different departments across sites and management levels
- Ability to quickly develop a wide breadth and depth of highly technical knowledge
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.