Sr Systems Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer for HostGator, you will architect, design, develop, maintain, and enhance extremely high-quality software products. As a senior team member, you will identify, troubleshoot, debug, and resolve defects. This role gives you the opportunity to lead the way with impactful feedback to peers. Continue to push our technology forward by collaborating on the introduction of new technologies with the leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Understand and properly use current major programming paradigms to meet desired business outcomes.
- Create enterprise-class architectural proposals and contribute to a peer-review based process.
- Address any development business needs by creating a solution from concept to deployment.
- Improve the process of engineering and deployment with a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
Who you are:
- You communicate effectively with team members, stakeholders and demand generators regarding technical details, roadmaps, and deliverables.
- You’re innovative. You come up with unique ideas to solve important business problems.
- 3+ years of experience with the Linux command line, Git, and development tools.
- You have a vast knowledge of client-side scripting frameworks.
- 7+ years of experience in software and system development.
Why you’ll love us:
- We break for fitness. The onsite gym makes it easy to sneak in a quick workout.
- Celebrate with us. Ain’t no party like a Tempe party. Our winter employee blowout is an event to remember, and during our quarterly Hi-5 events, expect a lot of cheering, awards for incredible work, and always plenty of food and adult beverages.
- Brain breaks. Ping pong, pool, video games, pinball, arcade games, and board games, help you connect with your colleagues in fun ways. If you really need to kick back and relax, take a swing in our hammocks.
- Volunteering is at our core. We’re a feel good group of people, and we love to spend time in our communities - like helping beautify the city, and teaching at-risk kids about STEM. We can always use another helping hand!
- Expand your career. In our Tempe office you’ll have access to a lot of teams supporting our web presence, SiteBuilder, and email marketing teams. So don’t fear getting bored - we’ll help you expand your horizons by exposing you to career opportunities you didn’t know existed.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.