Principal Software Engineer
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham office.
Be part of a brand new team that will focus on developing social networking technologies for digital marketing campaigns. As a part of an agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web technologies distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes.
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious. You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
- Provide technical leadership and be a key contributor to a cross-functional, Agile product delivery team
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX and architects to deliver scalable, sustainable and engaging product
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- 10+ years designing, developing and delivering large-scale, distributed, Web applications in a CI/CD environment
- Expert knowledge of Java/Spring/Hibernate
- Experience designing and developing RESTful microservices
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS, Docker
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, sustainability, performance and security
- Ability to lead as part of a highly collaborative, Agile team
- Appreciates and values the art of incremental product delivery
- Strong collaboration, communication and influence skills
- Strong focus on team effectiveness, results and customer success
- Passionate about technology and staying up-to-date on industry trends
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement of self and team
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.