Senior Backend Software Engineer
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham office.
As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes.
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious. You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
- As part of a cross-functional, full stack scrum team provide technical guidance for and be a strong contributor to the development of new features that allow our customers to engage with their customers
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX and architects to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs
- Mentor others on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architectures
- 5+ years developing large-scale applications on both the front-end and back-end
- 3+ years writing RESTful APIs
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, DB2 or Oracle)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Redis, Cassandra or DynamoDB)
- Previous experience with Java/Spring and/or Ruby/Rails is highly desirable
- Previous experience with AWS is highly desirable
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
- Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large-scale systems
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
- Strong focus on team effectiveness, results and customer success
- Self-motivated individual who proactively identifies team bottlenecks and works with the team to resolve them
- Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.