Software Engineering Intern - Fall
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of developers located in our Waltham, MA office.
As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes.
You are eager to learn and work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious. You are a dedicated software crafts-person who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
- Participate in the team’s Agile Scrum process - including backlog grooming; Sprint planning, demos and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with senior engineers, Product Management and UX Design teams to plan and deliver on team commitments.
- Craft code that is functional, maintainable and efficient while following the appropriate design patterns.
- Refactor existing code, when necessary, to maintain extensibility, maintainability etc.
- Active participant in code reviews: both providing and receiving feedback.
Skills and Experience
- Working towards a B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- Strong foundation in data structures and object oriented programming.
- Knowledge of Java programming.
- Motivated, creative and practical problem solver.
- Healthy focus on continuous improvement of self and team.
- Familiarity using relational databases and an understanding of relational database concepts.
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.