Sr Quality Engineer - Data Platform
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of engineers located in our Waltham office. As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes, and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the testing strategy, implementation, and execution plan for the data platform team
- Create comprehensive test plans and execute tests cases (manual and automated) for data pipelines across multiple data sources
- Check for data validity, data accuracy and data Integrity in the data lake
- Drive a quality mindset across our data platform teams
- Ensure proper test automation coverage for all new functionality
- Proactively identify areas of automation tech debt and work with the teams to address
- Promote the collaborative creation of test cases by involving developers in the process
Who you are:
- 5+ years in test automation and/or development
- Working experience with Spark with Python in a big data environment
- Working experience with relational databases (MySQL) and NoSQL databases (Cassandra DB)
- Working experience with AWS services (Aurora DB, Dynamo DB, Athena, EMR, Redshift, Data Catalog etc)
- Working experience with Jenkins in a CI/CD environment
- Working experience with source control management services like Github
- Experience with log analysis tools like Splunk
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barber shop, a full service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team everyone now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.