Sr. Quality Engineer
Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
We're looking to expand our team of engineers located in our Waltham office.
As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes.
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious. You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code. You are a strong advocate for quality and are passionate about blurring the lines between development and QE.
• Drive a quality mindset across our full stack team. Java backend and JS Front End
• Ensure proper automation coverage for all new functionality
• Ensure automation suite is stable, maintainable and performant
• Proactively identify areas of tech debt and work with team to address it
• Promote the collaborative creation of test cases by involving developers in the process
• Help blur the line between development and QE by encouraging developers to write thorough automation
• Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
• 5+ years in test automation and/or development roles
• Experience with unit testing and test driven development
• Prior experience with Protractor, Selenium Webdriver and/or Rspec/Cucumber is essential
• Experience with Jenkins, Maven
• Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
• Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
Nice to have
• Experience with relational (MySQL, DB2 or Oracle) and NoSQL databases (Redis, Cassandra or DynamoDB)
• Experience with AWS
• Experience testing Spring Framework-based apps
• Experience with Puppet-driven configuration management
• Ability to promote a quality mindset across a team
• Ability to lead as part of a highly collaborative Agile team
• Strong collaboration and influence skills
• Strong focus on team effectiveness, results and customer success
• Self-motivated individual who proactively identifies team bottlenecks and works with the team to resolve them
• Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
• Ability to collaborate with other teams
• Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team
Sign up to be part of our Talent Community and get the latest news from Endurance, including the hottest job opportunities.